Stand Up Placer firmly believes that everyone – regardless of sex, race, religion, or occupation, whether they are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, gay, lesbian or transgender – deserves to live a life free from violence. We provide victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Placer County with a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
Read some of our success stories to find out more about how we help victims of rape and domestic violence in Placer County.
Stand Up Placer is a private, non-profit 501(c) (3) (Tax ID 94-2578871) community-based organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Placer County. We are governed by a volunteer board of directors, and currently have 25 paid staff members and over 30 volunteers working together to provide around the clock services to victims of abuse and their families.
- 24-hour crisis line staffed by Crisis Counselors – 800.575.5352
- 24-hour Emergency Shelter (Safe House) for battered women and their children
- 12-24 month Supportive Housing Program to assist survivors of domestic violence
- Assistance in obtaining emergency food, clothing and transportation
- Hospital accompaniment for rape victims
- Walk-in crisis intervention and advocacy for survivors and their families
- Legal and social services, advocacy and accompaniment, including assistance with temporary restraining orders and custody orders
- Support groups
- Therapeutic and peer counseling
- Individual and group counseling
- Therapy for significant others of individuals who have been sexually assaulted
- Educational and prevention workshops and presentations
- Information and referrals